There is a lot of stigma surrounding cosmetic surgery and a lot of hate as well. However, there is no reason for such hate to be warranted against the procedures. They are something someone opts for in order to feel good about themselves and as long as it is not causing them or anyone else around them any harm, then there is no point in feeling ashamed of getting it done.
A lot of people are opting for Botox in order to maintain their youthful appearance by reducing the appearance of fine line and other signs of aging. Numerous clinics and institutions like Skinicity Perth, are offering their services in conducting Botox. However, as with any treatment, there are some pre and post-treatment instructions you should follow.
- It is recommended not to have alcohol at least 24-48 hours prior to the treatment.
- Similarly ibuprofen, vitamins, anti-inflammatory medication that are blood thinners should also be avoided for at least a week before the procedure in order to avoid bruising.
- Have a proper meal and hydrate yourself prior to the procedure in order to avoid any feelings of light headedness during it.
- Patients with a rash or cold sores should report them to their surgeon at least 24 hours priors to treatment.
You can go back to your normal routine after the procedure but it is important to keep the following instructions in mind as well.
- Do not touch or manipulate the area for a few hours after the treatment.
- Avoid lying down for at least 4 hours after the treatment.
- Do not lift any heavy objects or bend down the rest of the day.
- Do not exercise, work out or do any intense or vigorous activity the rest of the day either.
- Listen to your practitioner’s advice and come back for a follow up when you are advised to.